* Disclaimer: Please note this questionnaire is not a replacement for medical check-up and is not intended to diagnose any type of liver disease.
The symptoms of liver disease are often not obvious. Symptoms can be non-specific such as tiredness, a general feeling of being unwell and mild weight loss. These may be present for many reasons. As a result, liver disease can be overlooked, especially in its early stages.
Below is a list of symptoms associated with liver problems. If you feel you have any number of these symptoms, you may wish to see your doctor. If your symptoms are associated with a liver problem, Essentiale may be appropriate for you.
Liver symptom questionnaire
Do you have:
- acne, blemishes hives or itchy skin?
- discoloration in eyes (particularly yellowish blips)?
- hemorrhoids or varicose veins?
- hormonal imbalances (PMS, menstrual or menopausal concerns)
- heat in upper body such as warm face or hot eyes?
- light colored stools?
- gas, bloating, nausea, especially after eating fatty foods?
- difficulty digesting fats?
- tiredness or sleepiness after eating?
- weak tendons, ligaments or muscles?
- mild frontal headaches?
- tendency to loss of appetite or other eating disorder?
- weight gain, or difficulty controlling your weight?
- tendency to wake around 1am to 3am?
- pain under right shoulder blade?
- outbursts of anger, irritability or rage?
- depression that isn't necessarily related to life events?
- high bilirubin levels?
- elevated liver enzymes (SGOT, SGPT)?